|First Seen||"The First Day of School"|
|Last Seen||"You Never Can Win"|
Truxton Spangler is the director of the API. He met at his home with a group of unidentified men. They briefly discussed whether Tom Rhumor was really dead. When assured that he was, Spangler said that they were now back on track.
- Born March 30, 1948
- Parents: Peter and Leslie (Jones) Spangler
- Children: 2; Danielle Lila; Robert Evan
- B.A. Amherst College, 1970
- J.D. Harvard Law School, 1973
- Legal Advisor, State Department
- Adjunct Professor: War College; Woodrow Wilson School of Foreign Affairs
- Worked and studied under the secretary for Defense of Intelligence at the Pentagon
At the end of S1, we find Spangler defiant of all his many detractors.
- He has gotten the "Clover" from the Clover Group, but does not seem inclined to suicide, or stop the operation.
- He taunts Will Travers to submit his report - "Do you think anyone will give a shit?"
- Kale Ingram concentrates on protecting API, rather than risk further damage by opposing Spangler.
Spangler spins into the maelstrom of the threat of war that he and his shadow group created, and will be difficult to dislodge.
Arrogant, Condescending, Defiant. grew up 'entitled' a kid who went to a school where 'they wore the jacket.'